Getting a new carpet installed in your home is surely a very exciting time, but choosing the right one and having it done in the correct manner is very important. As you have already chosen a professional to do the work for you, a little bit of preparation is required from your side too.
Professionals like Flooring Domain, are amongst the top contractors in Australia who are into floor coverings, carpet installation, vinyl and subfloor installation and many more. If you are looking for the reliable carpet layers, then you can book an appointment with them by logging on to their website.
There are couple of things that you need to keep in mind or make a to do list before you start this entire process:
- The first and the most important thing is to clear the room. Remove all the items from the room, which can break or get damaged easily. Specially the ones that are expensive or dearer to you. This can be anything such as any glass items, wall hangings, paintings etc.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that, as you have hired installers, they must have quoted you for a particular work of carpeting. Ensure that this quote includes them to remove or shift all the heavy and large furniture too. Or else you might end up doing all these shifting on the main day itself.
- Once you have moved all your important stuff to their safe place, its time to clean up the place. You need to sweep or vacuum the floor to avoid any kind of a mess when the professionals arrive. This is also important to remove any unwanted dust, allergens, dirt which might get dispersed in the air while you moving any stuffs.
- You need to make an arrangement for a workplace for these installers, where they can keep all their tools and supplies. However, one thing to keep in mind that this room needs to be somewhere nearer to the main work area. This is to make it convenient for the installers to carry their supplies from one place to another.
- If you are installing these carpets in the kitchen area or laundry room then you need to arrange for disconnection of the gas and electronic appliances. This is to avoid any mishap.
- You need to make way for installers to get into the house smoothly. You need to check that there are no narrow doors or some sharp corners or anything in the hallway that can be a hindrance for them to get their tools and equipment peacefully inside the house.
- It is a good idea to ensure that all the air conditioners and heaters of house are working well before the installation day. As most of the floorings or carpet installation need a specific temperature to be maintained to get the work done right.
Lastly of all, we need to make sure that small children or pets must be kept away from that room, especially the ones who have respiratory problems. Ensure that they remain out of the site till the entire work is finished.