With an extensive range of unique shapes, colors, designs, and patterns, tiles are a new way to breathe in life into your interiors. But finding the tiles that can match your personal style and enhance the overall look of your home is quite challenging. So to make this easier for you, here’s a guide to choosing the right tiles:
- Location: Location plays an important role during the tile selection process. Every room in your house is built to serve a specific purpose and thus, requires a different set of tiles. Being a high traffic space, your kitchen and living room requires sturdy, scratch-resistant, and glazed ceramic tiles while your shower floor needs textured or water-resistant tiles to avoid slippage. So the choice must be made accordingly.
- Color: No matter if it is your wall or floor, your choice of tile colors can significantly influence the ambiance of your room. Where dark-toned tiles will add warmth and visual interest to your room, the lighter shades will impart it a contemporary look. For instance, go with dark colors for your kitchen or entryway and use cold-colored tiles in rooms with poor lighting to make them appear bright and spacious.
- Size: Just like the design and color, the size of the tiles can also impact the overall appearance of the space. Different sizes produce different aesthetics while changing the ‘feel’ of the room accordingly. With fewer grout lines and a wide color palette, big tiles can create an ultra-stylish, spacious, and streamlined look. On the other hand, smaller tiles can add an element of intimacy and visual texture to your space and medium subway tiles can strike a perfect balance between classic and fresh appeal.
- Pattern: The selection of the right patterns can transform a boring place into an eye-catching retreat. Like, the unique blend of entomology prints and bright colors of ‘Floral tiles’ will bring you closer to nature. Similarly, to add more drama to your room, colored marbles like emerald greens and indulgent black is the best choice.
- Material: Depending on the durability, aesthetics, and versatility, the most popularly used tiles are ceramic, vitrified, glass, cement, and mosaic. So you can choose them as per your space requirements. Another good option is to use Grey Engineered Wood Flooring which are highly durable and good looking.
So don’t forget to consider these five factors before choosing tiles for your place. Come and explore the exquisite collection of Ceramique au Sommet tiles in Montreal today and revive the fresh look and feel of your space.